MSc Construction Management
Construction Management is the essential link between the expression of a client's wishes and the occupation of a completed building project. This course will help develop the skills required for a smooth transfer from design to completion and occupation of a building.
Providing advanced knowledge and management skills required to become a leader in Construction Management, this course is well respected internationally.
Apply by 02 Feb 2015 to start 02 March 2015
Why study this course?
This is one of a suite of MSc conversion programmes that enable graduates from disciplines unrelated to Real Estate and Construction to obtain an RICS/CIOB accredited degree, giving access to professional membership.
- Develop technical and leadership skills in the development and delivery of innovative construction projects
- Explore the financial, legal and management solutions to complex construction problems at both strategic and operational levels
- Obtain a professionally recognised and accredited degree with progression to membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Achieve your ambitions for a Master's Degree with a leading provider of Construction Management education that allows you to work and study through a fully supported online programme.
Award: MSc Construction Management
Duration: 2 years (standard route)
An accelerated route is available (18 months): please contact the Course Leader if you are interested in this.
Time commitment: 15-20 hours a week
Application and start dates: Apply by 02 Feb 2015 to start 02 March 2015
Fees: £950* per module x 8 modules = total course fee of £7,600
*The module fee is reviewed annually, but any increases are subject to CEM's price cap promise. Visit Fees and Supplements for further details.
The MSc Construction Management will be awarded by the College of Estate Management.
Entrants to this programme are normally* required to have attained one of the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree with honours at lower second standard (2:2), or equivalent
- A Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, plus three years' experience in a relevant field
- A Level 5 qualification as defined by the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (FHEQ) plus five years' relevant experience in a senior position
- A professional qualification plus five years' relevant experience in a senior position.
Students may apply to enter the programme in either semester.
*Applicants who do not meet the requirements stated above, but who wish to be considered for this programme, should still apply. In these cases selection for an offer of a place may include consideration of the following information as part of the candidate's application:
- Personal statement
- Relevant work experience/employer support
- Performance at interview (either by telephone or Skype)
Assessment is by coursework and examination.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 2, 2015