This conversion course prepares graduates from any discipline for a career in, or involving, computing. No prior knowledge of computer science is required. A broad introduction is provided, including the key technologies and skills needed for employment. You can explore your personal interests through a variety of optional modules. Advanced intellectual, teamwork, communication and other transferable skills are developed.
Hundreds of past graduates from this course are now working across the globe for companies such as IBM, Cisco, Logica/CMG, Pfizer, Reuters, Shell and Zurich Financial. Some chose technical careers in leading software houses, advanced technology companies or commercial sectors. Others work at the interface between technicians and clients, as systems analysts or consultants. Many now hold senior positions as project leaders or managers. You might like to follow in their footsteps.
Entry requirements (further information)
- A 1, 2.1 or good 2.2 honours degree in any subject
- No specific knowledge of computer science is required but applicants must have an interest in the subject and possess general honours-level IT, intellectual and communication skills
- A good ordinary Bachelors degree in any subject
- No specific knowledge of computer science is required but applicants must have an interest in the subject and possess general Bachelor's-level IT, intellectual and communication skills
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
- £1,350 for a 12-month placement
- Reduced pro-rata for shorter placements
- Same fees apply for home, EU and international students
Last updated August 31, 2015