This postgraduate course has been specifically developed to enable students to professionally enhance their commercial skills. The course has been developed in close collaboration with industry and includes a contemporary industry perspective from sector experts from all parts of the supply chain.
The course will allow you to gain a professionally accredited qualification and develop the demonstrable core commercial competencies much in demand by the oil, gas, renewables and decommissioning industries.
Building on our expertise in providing surveying, commercial and project management education, the course has been designed to meet the particular requirements of the energy sectors, in alignment with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) competency framework, namely:
- Commercial management
- Design economics
- Risk and supply chain management
- Contract practice
- Procurement and tendering practices
- Project financial control
- Project Management
Every module includes input and learning from industry experts so you will gain knowledge and skills which are directly applicable to the workplace. Individual modules can be studied on a stand-alone basis for CPD or personal development. Modules may also be delivered on a commercial bespoke basis for organisation learning and development.
We welcome applicants from a range of backgrounds who are industry aware or have a good academic qualification. We will accredit good quality prior experiential learning.
Applicants who comply with any of the following criteria should apply:
- A good Honours degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
- A recognised professionally accredited diploma or corporate body membership.
- Applicants who do not hold an Honours degree but who have relevant industry experience over a reasonable time period will be considered.
- For international students 6.5 IELTS or its equivalent in TOEFL is required.
Distance Learning All Students 2014/15
- £1020 per module
- £2,740 per individual research dissertation
This is equivalent to:
- £4,080 for year 1
- £4,080 for year 2
- £2,740 for year 3