When It's About How You Do Business
High-performing corporations pursue a balanced vision of competition and success. Their ethical, social and environmental practices improve their performance and enhance the reputation of the firm. Some of these businesses are in highly regulated sectors requiring observance and management of complex compliance standards. The Dodd-Frank regulations for the financial services industry is one example of many.
These firms need skilled managers with knowledge, creativity and integrity to lead them.
One of the few U.S. colleges to offer a program focused on a combination of ethics, compliance and corporate responsibility, New England College of Business designed the Master of Science in Business Ethics and Compliance (MBEC) degree program to prepare managers to meet this new leadership challenge. The program introduces students to approaches and strategies that add value to the firm by reducing risk, promoting ethical business practices and developing relations with governments, communities, regulating bodies and other stakeholders.
The MBEC degree prepares students for career roles in compliance, corporate communications, corporate philanthropy, auditing, risk management, corporate social responsibility and business ethics.
Tailor Your Degree to Your Career Goals
Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional
The MBEC online degree program is structured so that students can tailor their studies to their career aspirations and complete the degree in less than a year and a half.
Upon completion of the four foundation courses, students will select one of these degree tracks: Compliance, Corporate Social Responsibility or Forensic Accounting.
A Foundation for Your Ethics and Compliance Degree
The four foundation courses are designed to provide students with a broad-based understanding of how business ethics influence decision making and behavior in a corporation. They include:
- Culture of Ethics
- Regulations and Regulators
- Governance and Ethics
- Accounting and Ethics
The Capstone: Where Learning Meets the Real World
The Capstone course comes at the end of a student's degree studies and allows the student to apply his or her learning to a real-world project or initiative, when possible, for the firm in which the student is employed. The hands-on project is completed under supervision of faculty, who coach and support the student. This course is designed to allow the student to showcase newly acquired know-how and position the student for the next career step.
MBEC courses have been certified by the SCCE (Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics) for CCB (Compliance Certification Board) credits.
We accept admission applications for our online Master of Science in Business Ethics and Compliance (MBEC) program throughout the year. Evaluation of each candidate's application is based on the following:
- Online Application for admission through the Student Enrollment Portal.
- Payment of $75 application fee (one-time, non-refundable)
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college with a 2.70 GPA or higher or foreign credential equivalent established by a third party evaluation agency
- Official copies of all college/university-level transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) along with program and course descriptions if student is seeking to transfer credit
- Essay (approximately one-two pages) describing how the graduate program will help student achieve his/her long and short term personal and professional goals.
- Current resume
- Student Financial Agreement or financial loan documentation if student is seeking alternative funding
- Master of Science in Business Ethics and Compliance: Principles of Management
The Program Chair or other qualified College administrator will evaluate and approve applications to ensure that admissions requirements have been satisfied.
Optional: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required. However, you can submit scores to strengthen your application.
Foreign language students must submit a TOEFL or IELTS testing scores that meet the following New England College of Business admissions requirements for admittance to Graduate Programs:
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- A score of 550 or higher on the paper-based TOEFL test
- International English Language Testing System exam (IELTS)
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
- A score of 650 or higher
Students that do not already have foundational coursework in business may be conditionally accepted, subject to completion of up to 1 prerequisite course: Principles of Management. This course must be completed with at least a 2.7 (B-).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 20, 2016