MSc Brand and Design Management
As consumers become more sophisticated and the choice of products even greater, the need to differentiate through strategic brand and design management has become increasingly important. With this programme you’ll explore the value of brand and design management in an era of increasingly saturated markets. As well as developing brand-related theoretical understanding and practical focus, you’ll have the opportunity to develop entrepreneurial, leadership, research and communications skills.
- Receive one-to-one mentoring from an experienced brand professional currently working with a locally, nationally or internationally recognised organisation. Take advantage of their expertise to develop your practical skills and understanding of the industry, and access the insider information to help you prepare to enter the workplace.
- Build the breadth of knowledge that allows you to succeed by developing a practical and theoretical understanding of all aspects of brand and design management, including: consumer psychology; managing creative people; trademark, copyright and branding law; entrepreneurship; leadership and product policy and portfolio management.
- Explore the wider context of brands in today’s society and how they are affected by and influenced by political and cultural trends. You will develop the “big picture” thinking help you stand out of the crowd.
- Benefit from access to a dedicated seminar series delivered by executives from organisations within the industry and branding, advertising and design agencies.
- Build the practical skills with a programme focused upon hands-on learning, delivered by staff that are active researchers within the subjects they teach.
- Supplement your academic studies with field trips to visit organisations that have developed or have been instrumental in developing unique, innovative or powerful brands, giving you access to unique insights into the industry.
- MKT711 Brands and the Value of Design
- MKT710 Brands, Culture and Society
- MKT712 Consumer Psychology and Brand Behaviour
- ENT705SU Entrepreneurship and Small Business Growth
- HRL710A Leadership and Management Essentials
- MKT707 Product Policy and Portfolio Management
- SRE712 Research Methods for Decision Making
- MKT709 Strategic Brand Management
- LAW711 Trademark, Copyright and Design Law
BA / BSc Degree
Normal minimum entry requirements are a Lower Second / 2:2 class honours degree in a relevant subject e.g. business and management, graphic design, psychology or sociology.
Candidates who do not possess a first degree or who have been awarded a third class honours or pass degree may be considered for the programme on the basis of previous work experience or relevant training. Candidates will be interviewed by the programme manager, and if appropriate may be required to complete an assessment to demonstrate they have the necessary knowledge and skills to allow entry.
Candidates will need to complete all modules on the programme, and therefore APEL will not be considered for any modules on the MSc Brand and Design Management degree itself.
Candidates will be required to be competent in English. Candidates whose first language is not English require IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each element) or equivalent in a secure English language test. If the candidate’s English language does not meet the above standard, they will be given the opportunity to complete one of the University’s pre-sessional English language courses.
This school offers programs in: