- Full-time - January start, 15 months. September start, 12 months.
- Part-time - January start, 33 months. September start, 28 months.
Train in the latest DNA-based laboratory techniques used in Biotechnology, while gaining in-depth knowledge of the key medical aspects of this rapidly growing industry.
Our course focuses on medical biotechnology, using living cell materials to research and develop pharmaceutical and diagnostic products for the treatment and prevention of human diseases.
We’ll cover medical biotechnology, molecular genetics and bioinformatics, DNA analysis techniques and ethics, as well as the research methods you’ll need for the final part of your course: the research project.
There’ll be practical exercises, research assignments and field trips throughout the course and we continuously update the content, with our own research findings and broader industry developments. Expert practitioners and researchers will teach and train you.
You can also study modules individually for Continuous Professional Development purposes.
Our facilities include state-of-the-art laboratories for DNA work. We’re also based in one of Europe’s leading bioscience cities.
- Medical Biotechnology
- Molecular Genetics and Bioinformatics
- Techniques in DNA Analysis
- Professional and Ethical Practice in Industry
- Research Methods and Preparation
- Major Project
We’ll assess your progress using essays, practical reports, presentations, scientific paper reviews, research reports and a major research project.
- Applicants should possess or expect to possess when commencing the course a first or second class Honours Degree (2:1 or 2:2), based in a science related degree or cognate subject, from a UK Higher Education Institution, or its equivalent, or the equivalent in experiential learning (a minimum of five years of qualifying employment). All applicants will be required to demonstrate their preparedness for the modules on the Biotechnology course, including providing written evidence of practical work undertaken.
- If English is not your first language you will be expected to demonstrate a certificated level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.5 ( Academic level) or equivalent English Language qualification, as recognised by Anglia Ruskin University.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 7, 2016