This course is taught by the UK's leading experts in banking, finance, economics, and risk who are members of the Business School's Centre for Risk Banking and Financial Services (CRBFS).
You will be taught key banking issues in detail and will develop economic concepts and analysis to address the problems facing the banking sector. These include determining optimum output, the price of products and services as well as looking at how banks operate within the monetary framework.
This course is for you if your chosen career path is an academic/researcher in banking and economics or a banking practitioner in domestic, international or central banks and you want to pursue a career in an economic analysis department of an international bank before progressing into high level bank management.
You will encounter both internationally renowned academics and leading experts from the banking industry. You will encounter both internationally renowned academics and leading experts from the banking industry.
The course provides you with a unique opportunity to concentrate on and develop your career in this exciting, fast-paced sector, so that you will leave us with the knowledge and skills to make a real and immediate impact.
- Bank Theory and Operations
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Further Quantitative Research Methods
- Managerial Economics
- Bank Modelling and Performance Analysis
- Monetary and Financial Economics
You will also choose at least one from:
- Behavioural Economics and Decision Making
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Strategy
- Financial Services: Context, Consumers and Markets
- Industrial Economics
- Risk Management in Financial Institution
2:1 honors degree or equivelant
English language requirements
- IELTS 6.5 with 6.0 in each element
- Pearson test of English PTE (Academic) 62 (minimum 55 in the communicative skills elements)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 4, 2016