The Banking and Finance course blends banking with cutting edge finance enabling you to become an expert in bank operations and management. You will also develop an advanced understanding of financial theory and practice. This will provide you with a unique understanding of key financial methods and how to apply them to bank management.
This course is for you if your chosen career path is:
- an academic/researcher in banking and finance; or
- a banking practitioner in domestic, international and central world banks – in the finance/financial markets department of an international bank before moving into a high level managerial position.
You will encounter both internationally renowned academics and leading experts from the banking industry.
The course is fully accredited by the the Chartered Banker Institute (CBI), which means you will graduate with a dual award: an MSc Banking and Finance and the Chartered Banker Diploma, which is the gold standard for professional bankers and is the highest award available in the banking world. We are proud to be one of a select group of business schools to offer this dual qualification degree.
As an undergraduate you studied management, accountancy, economics and/or finance or you are currently working in the financial sector and are keen to sharpen your banking skills to pursue your ideal career.
The course provides you with a unique opportunity to concentrate on and develop your career in this exciting, fast-paced sector, so that you will leave us with the knowledge and skills to make a real and immediate impact.
If you'd prefer to focus on banking risk or banking and economics please consider our MSc Banking and Risk or MSc Banking and Managerial Economics.
Please note that the following structure and modules may be subject to change.
- Bank Theory and Operations
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Further Quantitative Research Methods
- Bank Modelling and Performance Analysis
- Financial Security Valuation
At least one from:
- Behavioual Economics and Decision Making
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Services: Context, Consumers and Markets *
- International Finance
- Risk Management in Financial Institutions *
- In order to graduate with Chartered Banker Status you must choose these two modules.
12,000-15,000 word Banking and Finance dissertation
2:1 honours degree or equivalent
IELTS 6.5 with 6.0 in each element
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 16, 2015