Starting from Spring Semester, the Faculty of Architecture Cracow University of Technology offers three semester (1.5-year) Master’s Degree Studies in English (M.Arch.). The offer of these studies is meant for students with Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and prepares them for professional practice as architects.
The programme of studies is exactly the same as the curriculum in Polish which is a professional degree programme accredited by The Polish Accreditation Committee, The Accreditation Commission for Polish Universities of Technology, the EU evaluation as well as The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) evaluation.
The programme of studies lasts for three semesters. The total number of ECTS credits is 90 (30 per semester). The total number of hours is 900 plus 150 for Internships after the 1st semester (1st semester: 405h +150h; 2nd semester: 390h, 3rd semester: 75h).
The Master of Architecture programme of studies focuses on a wide range of issues directly affecting contemporary architecture and urban design:
- Architectural and urban design in the fields of multifamily housing and public use buildings,
- Spatial and regional planning,
- Preservation of monuments and revalorization of urban complexes with design for conservation,
- Landscape architecture, architecture and planning in the countryside,
- Building construction systems and building structures,
- Theory of architecture and urban design as well as spatial and regional planning,
- History of art, culture and contemporary urban design,
- Ecology and environmental protection.
Design, history, theory and building structure technology are taught to prepare students for professional registration as architects in the European Union.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 1, 2015