MSc Advertising and Marketing
This is a programme for students wanting to develop a career within the ‘creative industries', such as advertising, direct marketing or public relations. It fosters the ability to choose, design, implement and evaluate creative message strategies for different target audiences and to select the appropriate media channels to communicate such messages for best impact.
With a firm grounding in general marketing principles, students will be uniquely placed to ensure that potential tensions between the creative and the practical are overcome to produce innovative solutions that meet budgets and timescales.
Case studies bring theory to life, illustrating best practice and how this can be achieved through the implementation of project teams.
The programme is aimed at recent graduates and those with work experience who wish to pursue advanced study.
- Advertising and Media
- Public Relations and Organisational Communications
- Principles of Marketing Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- International Marketing
- Buyer Behaviour
- Professional Skills
- Research Methods
- dissertation or project
To be eligible for admission, applicants should normally possess:
- a good Honours degree or equivalent
- a good command of English: if English is not your first language and you have not studied in English within the last two years, you will need to have an IELTS score of 6.0 or TOEFL score of 550 (or 79 for the internet-based test)
- one academic reference