While corporations of all sorts faced increased regulatory burdens following the Enron scandal and the enactment of Sarbanes-Oxley, in the post Lehman Brothers world financial institutions of all sizes face a new regulatory reality. The Dodd-Frank Act, and related developments like Basel III and a flood of pronouncements from the Financial Stability Board, the Bank for International Settlements, and International Organization of Securities Commissions, have resulted in a massive increase in the need for compliance professionals that are attuned to the specific needs of the financial industry.
Seton Hall Law School has paired its compliance knowledge with its internationally known corporate law faculty to meet the needs of the financial services industry. The online master's degree in Financial Services Compliance will teach you about the relevant law surrounding your industry, and how to apply that knowledge to real-life situations. You will graduate from this Master's program with enhanced personal marketability and be able to effectively analyze and respond to myriad compliance issues you encounter on a daily basis.
The MSJ in Financial Services Compliance can be completed entirely online, taking only one class at a time. There is no residency requirement. All classes follow an 8-week format that offers optimum flexibility for individuals who have work and family commitments. Financial aid is available for eligible students.
The below courses make up the required curriculum:
- Introduction to Law & Legal Writing | 8 Weeks
- Introduction to Contracts and Torts | 8 Weeks
- Introduction to Corporate Law | 8 Weeks
- Corporate Compliance and Government Enforcement | 8 Weeks
- Securities Regulation & Compliance | 8 Weeks
Students must take two courses from the list below:
- Risk Management of Financial Institutions | 8 Weeks
- Introduction to Corporate Finance | 8 Weeks
- Regulatory Depository Banks | 8 Weeks
- Regulating Broker-Dealers | 8 Weeks
- Regulating Investment Advisors & Funds | 8 Weeks
- Regulating Insurance Companies | 8 Weeks
Remaining credits are satisfied by approved electives.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE INFORMATION ON THE SCHOOL'S WEBSITE.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 7, 2016