The Master of Science in Media Management (MSMM) was created to serve the professionals in one of New York’s most characteristic core industries.
This program caters to:
- Media and entertainment professionals—especially those in creative and content areas—who need high-level management training to move up in their careers
- General business people who want to specialize their knowledge to enter the media and entertainment industries
- Financial services professionals who want to better understand the media and entertainment industries where their companies’ money is invested
- College graduates who are planning to enter the media and entertainment fields and want to break in at a higher level
There is a call in the media and entertainment industries today for a new breed of executive. This person understands general business and economics, but also grasps the specific nuances of these unique fields—from book, magazine, and newspaper publishing to electronic and digital media.
Even massive amounts of editorial, marketing, and content experience don’t produce this new breed of media leader on their own. What’s often missing is a lack of training in management.
Fordham’s MSMM cultivates media executives who have it all.
This 36-credit program can be completed in one or two years. The curriculum is arranged as follows:
Required Core Courses(three courses, 9 credits)
- CM 7500 Media Systems and Markets
- CM 7530 Innovation in Media Business Models
- CM 7554 Consumer Adoption of New Media
Communications and Media Management Electives(six courses, 18 credits)
For descriptions of all courses listed above, please visit the Academic Bulletin and consult the Course Listings section.
Free Electives(three courses, 9 credits)
MSMM students may choose from other courses within the graduate business school to fulfill the free elective requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2016