Administration, Management, and Leadership
Gain the skills you need to start or manage a child care center or development program. Earning your M.S. in Early Childhood Studies with a specialization in Administration, Management, and Leadership can give you the knowledge and skills you need to create child-centered programs that promote positive learning experiences for all children. Discover how to plan and manage budgets, as well as recruit, evaluate , and motivate qualified staff. Ensure child safety through regulatory compliance and explore ways to market your program in your community.
Courses in the Administration, Management, and Leadership specialization prepare you to:
- Lead a curriculum and programmatic content that encourage learning for all children.
- Recruit, select, hire, and evaluate staff members.
- Manage finances and operational budgets.
- Ensure the center’s compliance with health, safety, and other state codes.
- Communicate effectively with parents, family, and the larger community about the center and its programs.
Pursue a variety of professional roles in child care administration and management, including:
- Child care administrator
- Assistant director
- Director of a child care center or program
- Owner of a child care center
- Preschool director
- Program administrator for early childhood programs
Completion Requirements 33 total semester credits
- Core courses (21 sem. cr.)
- Specialization courses (9 sem. cr.)
- Capstone Seminar (Capstone (3 sem. cr.)