This programme provides a thorough understanding of key approaches for studying biological processes at the molecular level. It takes advantage of Xi’an Jiaotong- Liverpool University’s advanced English-language capabilities, distinctive international features, and state-of-the-art research facilities. The course covers biotechnology- related topics such as molecular biology, protein biochemistry and drug discovery, as well as post-genomic biology (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and bioimaging), and bioinformatics (e.g. acquisition and statistical analysis of large-scale biodata).
It also places a major emphasis on providing project management skills. After these taught modules, the programme focuses on an in-depth research project and specialised dissertation. Customized individual learning plans are designed for students,in keeping with their backgrounds and career aspirations. Successful completion of the programme leads to the award of an MRes degree from the University of Liverpool, UK.
The Department of Biological Sciences at XJTLU has internationally-respected investigators in this field of research with excellent teaching and laboratory infrastructure. Thus, students have the opportunity to carry out world class research in a dynamic, transnational environment.
MRES MOLECULAR BIOSCIENCE AT A GLANCE
- Taught by international faculty who are experts in molecular bioscience.
- Provides a range of critical interdisciplinary research skills.
- Provides an internationally- recognised qualification from a globally-respected university.
- Excellent preparation for PhD programmes in high quality Western and Chinese universities. Develops and reinforces key employability skills such as data analysis, report writing, team- building/networking and project management.
- Relevant to careers in a wide range of bio-industries including biotechnology, bioengineering, bioagriculture, biomanufacturing and pharmaceutical companies; attractive location near many biotechnology companies in BioBay Suzhou.
- Close to prestigious Cold Spring Harbor Asia Center.
The programme prepares graduates for advanced research in both Western and Chinese university settings, as well as in the bio-industrial sector such as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
- RESEARCH METHODS I
- RESEARCH METHODS II
- POST-GENOMIC BIOLOGY
- RESEARCH METHODS III
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- RESEARCH PROJECT I
To apply or for more information regarding entry requirements, fees and scholarships please click here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 22, 2015