The MRes Molecular Bioscience programme provides a thorough understanding of key approaches for studying biological processes at the molecular level. It takes advantage of XJTLU’s advanced English-language capabilities, distinctive international features and state-of-the-art research facilities.
The programme covers biotechnology-related topics such as molecular biology, protein biochemistry and drug discovery, as well as post-genomic biology (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and bioimaging), and bioinformatics, such as acquisition and statistical analysis of large-scale biodata. It also places a major emphasis on providing project management skills. After these taught modules, the programme focuses on an in-depth research project and specialised dissertation.
Customised individual learning plans are designed for students, in keeping with their backgrounds and career aspirations. Successful completion of the programme leads to the award of an MRes degree from the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom.
The Department of Biological Sciences at XJTLU has internationally respected investigators in this field of research with excellent teaching and laboratory infrastructure. Students have the opportunity to carry out world-class research in a dynamic, transnational environment.
Unique selling points
• Taught by international academic staff who are experts in molecular bioscience
• Programme only takes 18 months – much shorter than masters degree programmes in most Chinese universities
• Excellent preparation for PhD programmes in high-quality Western and Chinese universities
• Relevant to careers in a wide range of bio-industries including biotechnology, bioengineering, bioagriculture, biomanufacturing and pharmaceutical companies
• XJTLU is located near many biotechnology companies in BioBay, a national biotechnology hub with over 400 companies, ideal for internships
• Nearby Cold Spring Harbor Asia hosts prestigious scientific symposia, conferences and summer schools providing our students with the opportunity to interact with world-famous researchers
• Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the MRes Molecular Bioscience programme, you will have:
• developed key employable skills such as data analysis, report writing, team-building/networking and project management
• a range of critical interdisciplinary research skills and a internationally recognised qualification from a globally respected university.
• Research methods in biotechnology
• Research methods in post-genomic biology
• Research methods in bioinformatics
• Project management
• Research project
Additional learning activity modules
• Personal and employability skills
• Laboratory rotation
• English language modules
• Chinese language classes for non-native speakers
• Graduate teaching assistantship
• Work placement.
Other appropriate academic activities, such as participation in the level three undergraduate modules and research seminar series
The MRes Molecular Bioscience programme prepares graduates for advanced research in both international and Chinese university settings, as well as in the bioindustrial sector such as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18 month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in a life science-related discipline. English language requirements
• IELTS: 6.0 (minimum of 5.0 in all sections)
• TOEFL iBT: 80
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 4, 2016