The MRes Management programme helps you develop a systematic understanding and critical appreciation of alternative approaches, methodologies and paradigms of research in the field of business and management. It will equip you with an understanding of what constitutes quality research, and acquaint you with the research processes involved from the point of inception to project completion. You will be registered as an off-site University of Liverpool postgraduate research student, while studying at XJTLU in China.
The overall goal of the programme is to develop fully trained and competent management researchers who are able to understand and use research techniques appropriate to their subject area. Unique selling points
• This programme is both a stand-alone masters programme as well as a prerequisite to those who wish to earn a PhD degree in management, economics or financial economics
• Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education. Knowledge and skills
The MRes Management programme will equip you to:
• review systematically, and evaluate critically, research paradigms, and demonstrate how they inform research projects
• analyse business and management processes and their environment using a multitude of conceptual approaches
• understand how the examination of different aspects in business and management research can be integrated
• demonstrate comprehensive understanding and critical reflection of literature in the field of study
• demonstrate self-direction and originality in the design of quality research projects in a range of managerial and organisational settings
• understand and systematically apply research skills in quantitative, qualitative and mixed-method data collection and analysis relative to business and management research
• appreciate how the organisational context affects the design, conduct, analysis, and interpretation in business and management
• advance your knowledge and understanding through the completion and comprehensive write-up of independently conducted research projects.
MRes Management students are required to take the following core modules, followed by a research project (dissertation):
• Business and management as a social science
• Quantitative methods
• Qualitative methods
• Advanced methods.
Co-registration onto the PhD programme is possible after 12 months subject to satisfactory performance.
Additional learning activity modules
Industry opportunities may manifest themselves in the form of research posts in private and public sector organisations. The programme has a substantial theoretical and methodological core that provides an essential basis for students moving on to doctoral level study.
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18 month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in finance, accounting, economics, management, science or engineering.
English language requirements
• IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in all sections)
• TOEFL iBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 4, 2016