The MRes (Master of Research) in Computer Science programme is designed to develop students’ understanding of the research process and their ability to carry out research. It is for graduates from a computer-related discipline, who wish to investigate research as a possible career, or who wish to extend their knowledge of one particular facet of computing - possibly because it is difficult to find a taught MSc that fulfills their individual needs or covers an area for investigation in further depth.
This programme will equip students with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of:
- advanced theoretical fundamentals of current trends in computer science,
- state-of-the-art key research issues in specialized areas of computer science,
- techniques for project management and for design, implementation and evaluation of an IT solution.
- RESEARCH METHODS
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- DISSERTATION PROJECT
- CLOUD COMPUTING
- DATA MINING AND BIG DATA ANALYTICS
- INTERACTIVE SYSTEMS
- OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING
Graduates from this programme will be professionals in their chosen area as a research and development engineer, a system developer and project leader in an IT company (such as MR research, Google and Facebook/RenRen) or directly go on further studies as a PhD candidate at XJTLU or a renowned overseas university.
To apply or for more information regarding entry requirements, fees and scholarships please click here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 22, 2015