The MRes Advanced Chemical Sciences programme provides thorough education and training to understand different aspects of the current material chemistry. The programme aligns with similar MSc programmes at the University of Liverpool and is delivered entirely in English.
The programme contains taught modules covering areas from synthetic chemistry to nanotechnonoly, analytical methods and instrumentations. It also places strong emphasis on development of project management and personal skills. . After completion of the taught modules, students engage in a 12-month extensive research project of their choice, which leads to submission of a dissertation. A customised learning plan is designed for each student, taking into account the individual’s background and career aspirations. Successful completion of the programme leads to the award of an MRes degree from the University of Liverpool, UK.
- Taught by international faculty who are experts in various fields of chemistry.
- Provides a range of critical interdisciplinary research skills.
- Strong theoretical background, practical instrumentation skills and intensive research project.
- Excellent preparation for PhD programmes abroad and in Chinese universities.
- Provides career enhancing key personal and employability skills, e.g. time management, report writing, team-building/networking and project management.
- The department has strong link to local and international industries. University is located in attractive location with many biotechnology companies nearby in BioBay Suzhou
- Close to prestigious Cold Spring Harbor Asia Center.
- SYNTHETIC CHEMISTRY
- NATURAL PRODUCTS
- PEPTIDE/PROTEIN CHEMISTRY
- ANALYTICAL METHODS AND INSTRUMENTATIONS
CAREERS Successful graduates can establish careers in a wide range of industries, including:
- chemical industries;
- pharmaceutical companies;
- food & drinks industry (QA and new formulation);
- analytical services.
To apply or for more information regarding entry requirements, fees and scholarships please click here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 22, 2015