We specialize in delivering online doctoral and master’s degrees in Education, as well as credit bearing Certificate programs.
Degree and certificate programs require that enrolled online students attend 2 face-to- face summer institutes, where during each summer session they can earn up to 9 credits at our Bethlehem, Pennsylvania campus.
All other program courses are delivered through an online internet platform during the fall and spring semesters allowing our students to stay in their home countries and study during those semesters.
Students who are non-residents would have appropriate visa application documents sent to them for their summer study on our campus. The summer program consists of 3 nine day sessions during the months of June and July, students can complete a 3 credit course in each of the sessions. During this time they can take one, two or three courses.
A typical academic year would be as follows:
- Fall semester- online course taken at home in a student’s respective home country
- Spring semester- online course taken at home in a student’s respective home country
- Summer session- taking courses face-to-face on the Lehigh University campus, Bethlehem PA USA.
MEd International Counseling
The Master's of Education in International Counseling at Lehigh University prepares students to function in professional roles that include three key target areas of the international setting: the school, the community, and the family. The specific goals of this program are to:
- Create counselors who can conceptualize and intervene in preventative, developmental, and culturally therapeutic ways.
- Appreciate the diversity of family life and schooling in international communities and understand how the third culture experience abroad impinges differently on the daily lives of transition faced by children and families.
- Appreciate and embrace the scientific and empirical underpinnings of the counseling field and to work to apply them in culturally appropriate ways.
Although the program emphasizes counseling, students will be expected to be familiar with all three targets areas of intervention. A successful graduate may be employed as a counselor in a variety of settings including: elementary, middle, and secondary schools, community mental health agencies, and hospitals.
Visit the Applications Web site to apply at: https://www.applyweb.com/apply/lehighg/
For more information about our programs, visit: http://coe.lehigh.edu/globalonline
In addition to our online courses, we also offer various on-campus programs. We welcome anyone who is interested in our on-campus programs to come visit us at our campus or contact us via telephone or mail. We will be happy to assist you with any questions you have and give you a tour of our campus and programs.
Last updated July 13, 2015