The Master of Science in Information Management educates business professionals in the strategic use of technology to create shareholder value. Graduates of the program are prepared to help shape organizations in a rapidly changing, globally competitive, technologically sophisticated environment.
For those interested in leading their firm’s strategic uses of information technology, the Master of Science in Information Management (MSIM) provides an outstanding foundation of technical and managerial expertise. Some key advantages of the MSIM are listed below.
- A topical and dynamic curriculum including course work in enterprise modeling and business process analysis, database systems, object-oriented modeling and programming, electronic commerce, decision support systems, data warehousing, and distributed systems.
- A hands-on, real-world applied project experience achieved through a team consulting engagement with local industry.
- Access to guest lecturers through the Center for Advancing Business through Information Technology (CABIT) an environment of aggressive continuous improvement and market responsiveness.
- MSIM is also offered as a specialization.
- Business Database Concepts
- Distributed Systems & Web Systems
- Systems Integration
- Intelligent Decision Systems
- New IT Product Development
- Computer Security
MBA will accept 6 elective credits from MSIM, M-TAX, and MAIS to apply to the MBA program of study
30 credit hours required for MSIM
48 credit hours required for MBA
72 total credits for graduation