MAIED Master of Arts in International Education
This is a new program at Horizons University (2010). The MAIED is designed to draw early-to-mid-career professionals with at least one year of relevant experience in traditional and/or international educational field settings.
The program will encourage students to show their ability to interact with cultures or groups other than their own; the ability to do quality graduate work in an independent/virtual setting; strong competence in spoken and written English, and proficiency in a language other than English.
Any course equivalent to a bachelors degree.
Courses will focus on the sharing of personal experiences in the field of multicultural education, while developing critial understanding and thinking in the field.
The lecture format will be enriched by discussions aiming at developing ideas and ensuring greater awareness and increased knowledge.
- Cross-national practices in multicultural education
- Issues in international education
- Pedagogy and Methodology in international teaching
- Technology in international education
- Curriculum and Instruction in International education
- Applied research methods in comparative international education
- Teaching Practicum
- Thesis project or Thesis publication
Each course is worth 10 ECTS (4 US Credits).
Tuition and Fees
3,450 €/year + 60€ Registration Fee and 80€ Technology Fee.
A TOEFL Pass Grade, or equivalent is needed.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2016