The Tourism and Recreation program at the Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management (SGTiR) will provide you with skills that are essential to manage your own tourism enterprise or co-manage different types of tourism and hotel partnerships. You will master a foreign language at the B2 fluency level of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and you will become competent in using specialized language needed to carry out your professional activity.
During your studies, you will become knowledgeable about the latest information technologies and skilled at applying IT in business. You will be familiar not only with the knowledge of man and human needs, intercultural relations, social ties, environmental protection and human impact on the environment, but also with native cultural assets and landscape charms.
- our Tourism and Recreation studies are not just lectures, seminars and conversation classes, but - even more importantly – practical classes, workshops, case studies, strategy and simulation games;
- instructors discuss different aspects of establishing and managing tourist and recreation facilities, hotels, travel agencies, leisure centers;
- you will acquire useful knowledge concerning the latest information technologies, environmental protection and human impact on the environment, as well as native cultural assets and landscape charms;
- you will master a foreign language at the B2 fluency level of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and you will become competent in using specialized language needed to carry out professional activity;
- you will become equipped to independently manage your own tourism enterprise;
- the School owns the Mazur tourist facility in the charming village of Ogonki, 6 km off Węgorzewo. It is located on the shore of Lake Święcajty, considered to be one of the cleanest in the Great Masurian Lakes system (www.osrodekogonki.pl).
The Tourism and Recreation program offers the following specializations:
- Organization and Management in Tourism
- Organization and Management in Sports and Recreation
- Hotel and Catering Organization and Management
- Organization and Management of Business Events
- travel agencies,
- event agencies,
- exhibition and conference centers,
- professional congress organizers,
- incentive trip organizers,
- sleeping accommodation establishments,
- eating places,
- local administration authorities (sports and tourism departments),
- sports and recreation centers,
- sports stadiums,
- fitness facilities,
- wellness and spa facilities.
ENROLLMENT PROCEDURE TO VISTULA UNIVERSITY DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
- Winter semester (starts in October) – 1st August
- Summer semester (starts in February) – 15th December
STEP 1. Filling in the APPLICATION FORM.
Uploading required documents to the online application form:
- Passport copy;
- Secondary School certificate with attachment;
- Sworn translation into Polish of Secondary School certificate with attachment; (If NOT possible to make translation into Polish, please, send your documents, translated into English, translation of the document into Polish may be provided upon arrival)
- Scan of the Photo;
- Language Certificate (equivalent of B2 level); - TOEFL (IBT 87, CBT 180, PBT 510 ), TOEIC (700), IELTS (6.0). Also the following certificates on B2 level can be provided - FCE, IELTS, TOEFL, ESOL, IESOL, SET, EBC, EOS, TOEIC, LCCI, B2 Certificate in English, CAE, CPE, BEC, CEIBT, CELS.
- Copy of legalization or apostille of Secondary School certificate - http://www.apostille.com.pl/angielski.html; (may be provided upon arrival).
STEP 2. The Admission Committee of Vistula will evaluate your documents. The evaluation will take up to 1 week. You will get an information about your Conditional Acceptance and Invoice for payment.
STEP 3. Make the payment of registration fee and tuition fee; scan the confirmation of payment and upload it to your online application form.
STEP 4. ACCEPTANCE LETTER is issued and sent to you. Now you can apply for visa.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 1, 2016