- Duration (years): 1.5
- Qualification Awarded: Master of Arts in Teaching Greek to Speakers of Other Languages
- Level of Qualification: 2nd Cycle (Master’s Degree)
- Language of Instruction: Greek
- Mode of Study: Full time and Part time study
- Minimum Credits: 27
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 90
Profile of the Programme:
Graduates will specialize in theoretical and practical issues relating to the teaching of Greek as a second/foreign language.
They will develop transferrable skills relating to the field and especially in the area of teaching
Graduates will be able to have an international career in teaching Greek as a second/foreign language. They will also be able to devise language teaching programmes. Graduates will be able to work for the public or private sector globally (schools, institutes, universities, research centres), which specialize in this field.
Access to Further Studies:
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Third Cycle degrees (PhD).
The student must complete 90 ECTS and all programme requirements.
- Graduates will deepen their understanding of second language acquisition approaches with specific emphasis on teaching Greek.
- They will practice teaching Greek under the three pillars of language learning (teaching, learning and assessment) with an emphasis on communication skills.
- They will learn how to manage the classroom and design courses and syllabi suitable for teaching Greek.
- Graduates will be familiar with highly specialized aspects of language teaching.
- They will be able to apply new technologies in language teaching.
- They will gain significant understanding of theoretical frameworks to enable them to pursue further postgraduate study in the field.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 20, 2016