MA in Sports Journalism
- MA in Sports Journalism
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Journalism
- Graduate Diploma in Journalism
We offer a comprehensive and unique training experience that offers one of the best entry routes into a highly competitive industry.
Designed by journalists with years of experience in the press and broadcasting industries, you will follow an intensive course that provides work experience, training in multimedia production - covering all the essential convergent technologies, alongside modules that teach you the core skills in sports reporting, including news writing, media law, current affairs, court reporting and short hand.
Our curriculum and approach to training strongly reflects the high expectations of the profession, which is why we are the only post graduate Sports Journalism degree in the UK to be professionally accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists.
We have also established a unique working relationship with our training partners, Sportsbeat, one of London's busiest sports news agencies, where all our students will gain work experience. We also offer a visiting lecturer programme that includes a host of award winning sports journalists.
• Learn core skills of journalism (news writing, media law,
shorthand, public affairs)
• Acquire ‘new’ skills in multimedia journalism (including web
technologies, video production and digital photography)
• Prepare for the NCTJ Pre-Entry Certificate
• Practice match reports and interviews at nationally and
internationally televised sporting events
• Gain work experience in the news industry and with our training partners, Sportsbeat
• Study alongside elite athletes training for London 2012
• Develop your broadcasting skills through the radio station at
• Receive regular guidance and careers advice from professionals
On successfully completing this course and the work experience, we expectall our postgraduates to secure employment in the industry. Students who pass all their NCTJ Pre-Entry Exams in Journalism are in high demand in the industry. It is the 'gold standard' qualification and the one that most newspaper editors recognise.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 31, 2016