The Master programme PPE at Witten/Herdecke University offers cutting-edge education at the intersection of the social sciences and philosophy. Unlike other Master programmes in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics, the focus in Witten (Germany) is on the sound academic analysis of real-life problems in an increasingly interconnected world. It addresses the challenges of the 21st century in a globalized world. The Master PPE in Witten is also a tailor-made programme for any career in leading positions at the interface of politics, economics and (civil) society. Our graduates find career prospects in a range of political and social fields, NGOs, management, further education, personnel and organisation development, economic and political consulting.
- 2 semesters (60 ECTS) or 4 semesters (120 ECTS)
- 13.980 Euro (2 semesters)
- 21.480 Euro (4 semesters)
- Study first - pay later: payment (depending on income) after graduation
- Direct payment of fixed monthly rates (fixed sum)
- Direct payment 50%, income-related repayment after graduation 50 % The document below has detailed information on our tuition payment scheme.
- Bachelor in Economics or Politics or Philosophy or 60 ECTS in an interdisciplinary degree programme*
- Advanced English language skills (e.g. TOEFL: 110)
If you are unsure about meeting the admission requirements, please get in touch with us.
Diego Tuzman, international PPE student, about the Master programme at Witten/Herdecke University:
“After studying Economics in Uruguay, I was looking for an international master programme that offered the opportunity to broaden my perspective through a multi-disciplinary approach. Witten/Herdecke’s PPE MA is all that and more. As an international student in Witten, not only did I find an excellent academic environment but also a truly warm and welcoming one. Having moved from a different continent - and with virtually no knowledge of the German language - I feel that people here are certainly going out of their way to make me and all of the international students feel welcome. This is an open-minded university which offers a pluralistic education in an international environment, alongside the Studium Fundamentale as a truly innovative aspect of its curricula.
As for everyday life, Witten is a town that is at the same time relaxed and full of activities, both academic and cultural. Many interesting student initiatives and its closeness to Bochum and Dortmund guarantee that a lack of options will never be a problem.”
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 13, 2016