MA in International Politics and Europe
The taught Masters in International Politics and Europe at the University of Warwick is distinct from many other European Studies programmes.
Our IPEU programme analyses European politics explicitly in the context of International Relations and International Political Economy.
Our MA and Diploma in IPEU are leading postgraduate programmes exploring European politics in the context of the disciplines of international political economy and international relations. Our staff are at the cutting edge of research in these areas.
The MA in International Politics and Europe examines the European Union, its significance for the world system and the various ways in which it engages with the global political economy. Students are given a disciplinary grounding in either International Relations or International Political Economy and are required through the core module 'Europe and the World' to contemplate questions such as:
- How does the EU organise itself as an actor in the world system?
- To what extent does it by-pass the foreign policy and external relations interests of its component member states?
- Does the EU represent a novel and distinctive presence on the international scene, particularly in comparison with the US?
- Can the EU contribute to a more open, democratic and human rights-based global polity?
- Is the EU merely an organisation prop of neoliberal globalisation?
- In the first 2 terms students take taught modules (120 CATS total).
- The core module, 'Europe and the World' (40 CATS), is assessed by one timed essay, one short research essay, and one long research essay. -You then have a free choice of optional PAIS modules, assessed by research essays (including the core modules of other PAIS MA programmes), and can take selected modules from other departments.
- In the summer term students who have met the required standard proceed to the dissertation (60 CATS).
- British 2.1 degree (or International equivalent) in Political Science or a closely related subject
- Non-native English speakers should have an IELTS score of 7.0 or equivalent
-A strong statement of purpose
-Two strong academic references
-Please note that Diploma entry is available for IPEU
This school offers programs in: