Todays’ business environment has become highly complex, dynamic and globalised. At the same time there is a paradigm shift in doing business. From Global Corporate Leaders to small business start-ups there is a rising in consciousness for more corporate responsibility. What this new business environment needs are managers with intercultural competencies, new leadership capabilities and awareness for sustainability issues. And this is exactly what the MA International Business & Intercultural Management offers prospective students. It is a multi-disciplinary Master Programme that has been developed by the university’s business faculties in close consultation with business and industry in response to a challenging and rapidly developing organisational environment.
With the mentioned challenges in mind, this programme qualifies first-degree graduates for management positions in globally operating organisations. It is intended to equip future business leaders with the subject knowledge and the methodological, interpersonal and intercultural skills that will enable them to excel and become standout leaders in our rapidly changing business world.
It offers its graduates excellent career opportunities in different areas. With a focus on sustainable practices, this MA teaches relevant managerial and analytical skills as well as multi-disciplinary
knowledge that equips graduates for strategic management positions in departments such as marketing and finance as well as for leadership functions in international projects. Potential employers include globally-operating companies, NGOs, international organisations and the public sector. Additionally, the programme entitles graduates to pursue further academic studies such as a PhD programme.
Benefits and Assets
- Lectures delivered entirely in English
- Addresses further challenges by giving a focus on sustainability
- A clearly structured, time-efficient schedule (3 semesters, full-time programme)
- Multidisciplinary content
- Innovative teaching and learning strategies
- A favourable student/lecturer ratio
- An international learning environment
- Aligned with the needs of the labour market.
An excellent or good European first degree in Business Studies or in a business-related discipline (210 ECTS* credits and a German average grade of 2.5 or better) or an equivalent international qualification.
A high level of proficiency in English corresponding to:
- IELTS min. 6.0 points (in all categories)
- TOEFL paper based test min. 550 points
- TOEFL computer based test min. 213 points
- TOEFL internet based test min. 79 points.
Native speakers of English are exempt from this requirement.
The TOEFL code of Heilbronn University is 2751.
Further assets consist of the following:
- Demonstrable interest in sustainability and innovation is desirable
- Work experience, preferably related to sustainability/corporate social responsibility in a company, non-profit organisation or any other sector
- Experience in living and working abroad
Applicants holding a degree with only 180 ECTS have the opportunity to obtain the missing 30 ECTS within the Master Programme by attending additional courses in the Bachelor Programme International Business - Intercultural Studies offered by Heilbronn University.
Costs of Living
The costs of living for a student are about 720 Euro per month. These costs of living per month cover on average expenditures as follows*:
- Rent and additional charges: 281 €
- Food: 159 €
- Clothing: 51 €
- Textbooks and supplies: 33 €
- Car, public transport: 76 €
- Health Insuranc, medicine: about 59 €
- Communication (telephone, Internet etc.): 35 €
- Recreation, culture, sport: about 32 €
* Source: German Student Services (19th Social Survey of the Deutsche Studentenwerk, 2009)
Admission to Heilbronn University is only granted if proof of proper health insurance can be provided. Student health insurance is available for approx. 80 EUR per month with the AOK (a German health insurance company).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 5, 2016