MA in Global Issues in Contemporary Mission
There is an increasing need within mission for practitioners to understand the key concerns within the global framework of contemporary mission. Our Postgraduate MA in Global Issues in Contemporary Mission addresses many of the current issues people face 'on the ground', and explores them in depth. Students can also research the pressing issues of their own ministry contexts
Who is the course for?
Are you looking for postgraduate study that:
- complements your work in an existing mission environment?
- will further increase your understanding of the 'big picture' of mission?
- will stretch you academically and allow you to research contemporary missiological issues?
- is taught by staff with first-hand mission experience?
The Postgraduate MA comprises of four taught modules and an 18,000 word dissertation in a contemporary mission issue of your choice. Students complete the two compulsory modules and choose two further modules from the selection below:
- Method and content in missiological study
- The mission of the Church in the context of post-colonialism and globalisation*
- The greening of mission
- Christian spirituality in a worldwide context
- Theology of religions
- Prosperity theology and suffering
- An introduction to global leadership
- Crucial issues for European mission and theology
- Just mission – justice issues in intercultural contexts (subject to validation by University of Gloucestershire)
- Independent study module
If you successfully complete four taught modules but choose not to submit a dissertation, you will obtain a Postgraduate Diploma. If you complete the two compulsory modules only, you will obtain a Postgraduate Certificate.
This school offers programs in: