MA in English
ONE LANGUAGE – ENDLESS OPPORTUNITY
“It can make a lot of sense to study a discipline from the outside, so to speak. The way we have put together the English degree at Aarhus highlights things that an English or American university wouldn’t.”
Inger H. Dalsgaard, Associate Professor, English
English is the fastest-developing language in the world, growing at about one new word every two hours. It is the native language of 350 million people and the second language of many more. It is the language of globalisation, and organisations worldwide are increasingly agreeing on English as their official business language. As the importance and prevalence of English continue to rise, it is more and more necessary for climbing up the career ladder. Students who enrol in the MA in English programme have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the language, culture, history and society of the English-speaking world.
WHO SHOULD DO THIS MA Degree?
- Students who have the ambition to work in the private or public sector or to continue in education
- Students who are creative, with good communication and
- presentation skills
- Students who are eager to develop their knowledge, competencies and skills and gain hands-on experience within the creative, cultural, educational, and other industries
WHAT WILL YOU STUDY?
- Students work within the three main sub-disciplines of English – literature and history, language, and society and culture
- Students study a unique combination of area studies, language and culture, and the creative economy and cultural industries
- Students can do an internship with a company or organisation, or spend a semester studying abroad
The English degree programme at Aarhus University is one of the oldest, dating almost from the university’s foundation in 1928. The department has excellent academic connections within Europe and overseas. You will find a vibrant international community here, with staff from Denmark, Ireland, the UK, the US, India, and Germany, all of whom belong to international research communities. You will meet exchange students from all over the world and you will have the opportunity to tailor your degree to suit your interests and your career plan. In the programme, you will truly experience what it means to use English in an intercultural setting.
An MA in English is the key to a career in a number of fields such as communications, media, publishing, teaching, tourism, IT, and many more.
“Aarhus University counts on international students. It feels like home!”
IOANNA EFSTATHIOU AND MARINA ARAMPATZI
Students, MA in English, from Greece
PLACE OF STUDY
ANNUAL TUITION FEE
EU/EEA/Swiss citizens: FREE
Others: EUR 8,000
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 15, 2016