MA in Education: Pedagogy & Professional Values & Practice
A full time programme for International students (including School placements). This is a professional development programme for experienced teachers, tutors and other Educational practitioners.
- 30 PVM10 – Investigating Teaching and Learning (30 credits)
- 30 PVM20 – Supporting Learning: Practices & Principles (30 credits).
- 30 PVM30 – Pedagogical Issues & Practice (30 credits).
- 30 PVM40 – Research Project Methods & guidance (30 credits).
- 60 PVM50 – Research Project Dissertation (60 credits) – (15,000 words).
How will the teaching be organised?
The programme will start in the third week of September. There will be a two week Familiarisation and Outreach Module, which will not be assessed.
Plus taster days in Primary & Secondary schools, plus optional other Educational settings.
School placement – one day a week in order to carry out Research for above modules, plus any research in preparation for final dissertation.
Hand-in date for dissertation 31st August.
Please note that this award does not give QTS
- Exploration of Educational practices in England and reflection on these in comparison with the student’s home teaching context.
- Investigation of the teaching and learning in English schools with an emphasis on pedagogy.
- Reflection on what teachers want out of Education in the 21st Century.
Honours degree from a recognised Higher Education Institution in the UK or an equivalent degree from overseas. Equivalence of overseas students’ academic qualifications is assessed by
For overseas applicants who are nonnative speakers of English, a minimum language level of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
You will normally have had experience as a teacher or other Educational related professional experience.
A full time programme for International students (including School placements). This is a professional development programme for experienced teachers, tutors and
Last updated July 31, 2015