MA in Comparative Studies in History and Society
The non-thesis MA program in Comparative Studies in History and Society combines the strengths of the sociology and history departments of Koç University in an interdisciplinary Master of Arts (M.A.) program. The program serves a growing need in Turkey for interdisciplinary graduate programs in the social sciences.
Students are trained in the fields of historical transformations concerning state and society as well as social inequalities. The courses will prepare students for both future Ph.D. programs and careers in research and policy-related positions in governmental and non-governmental organizations by providing the basic background in the historical analyses of current-day societal Dynamics.
- Applicants are expected to be graduated from an undergraduate program. Students, who are still studying and are expected to graduate before the Fall Term, can also apply.
- Official Transcripts: Minimum GPA: 3,00/4,00. Applicants are expected to take at least two History or Sociology courses during their undergraduate studies. These courses should be either required area, area elective or other equilavent courses.
- English Proficiency: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): IBT min. 80, CBT min. 213, PBT min. 550 or YDS (min. 87) or IELTS (min. 6,5)
- ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansüstü Eğitimi Giriş Sınavı): Min. 70 from Equally Weighted.
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination; For International Applicants): Minimum 160 from Quantitative
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- After application, all applications are evaluated by the committee and ranked within their ALES/GRE scores, recommendation letters etc. If needed, interviews are held by the committee.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 11, 2016