Our MA TESOL will provide suitably-qualified graduates with an opportunity to develop both a scholarly and practical understanding of the field of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. The programme is also suitable for language teachers, teacher trainers, materials writers and test designers who wish to further develop their range of professional skills and knowledge.
THE PROGRAMME IS AIMED AT HELPING CANDIDATES:
- gain an advanced critical understanding of key issues, concepts and theories, practices in the field of English language teaching;
- acquire a sound knowledge and understanding of language and texts in the contexts in which they are used;
- explore the implications of language analysis for teaching purposes develop understanding of current methodology as it is embodied in classroom practice;
- engage with theories underlying current views on language learning, including the importance of individual differences amongst learners in their abilities and learning preferences;
- appreciate and view critically the connections between theory and practice in the field of English language teaching;
- foster the ability of conducting academic research.
- LINGUISTICS FOR LANGUAGE TEACHERS
- METHODS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING
- PRINCIPLES OF COURSE AND MATERIAL DESIGN
- SECOND LANGUAGE ACQUISITION
- LANGUAGE TESTING AND ASSESSMENT
- SPEAKING AND LISTENING RESEARCH METHODS
- DISCOURSE ANALYSIS
- LEXIS AND VOCABULARY TEACHING
- ENGLISH FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES
Graduates possessing the MA TESOL may pursue a career or enhance their prospects in the field of English language teaching. In China,a postgraduate qualification in TESOL is increasingly sought-after by hiring educational institutions. The programme will facilitate the professional development of those candidates who are considering a career in publishing, materials development and management.
The programme will also equip those interested in pursuing an academic career in the field of English language teaching and applied linguistics by preparing them to conduct research competently at the level of the MPhil, MRes, EdD and PhD.
To apply or for more information regarding entry requirements, fees and scholarships please click here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 31, 2015