The Leiden MA programme in Russian and Eurasian Studies is unique in the Netherlands in that it offers students a well-balanced combination of several disciplines.
You can study Russia and the Eurasian world from the perspectives of language, literature and culture, or instead focus on the political, historical and economic background of the region. You are at liberty to combine these two angles into an individual programme. Leiden University has been studying Russia and the Slavic world since 1913, which has earned us an excellent international reputation.
For some courses knowledge of Russian is obligatory.
Reasons to study Russian and Eurasian Studies at Leiden University:
- The programme offers a unique selection of courses found nowhere else in the Netherlands.
- You have a broad range of options to customise your individual programme.
- You will benefit from the expertise of specialists from the Leiden University Centre for Linguistics, the Leiden University Institute for History and the Institute for Cultural Disciplines as well as visiting professors and external specialists at the University of Amsterdam.
- We offer an international study environment, including a limited number of competitive scholarship and internship programmes in Russia, Georgia and other countries.
- Upon graduation, you will have a profound knowledge of either the linguistics, literature and culture, or the history, politics, international relations, and economy of the Russian and Eurasian region.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 29, 2016