MA - International Business Management
Why study International Business Management at Carinthia University of Applied Sciences (CUAS)- School of Management in Villach, Austria?
• International Business Management is a high quality two-year Master study program which is taught entirely in English. It aims to enable graduate students to acquire the necessary business and socio-economic knowledge and skills to specialize in international management.
• International Business Management is highly practice-oriented. Problem-based learning, real-life case studies, online simulations, consulting projects for international companies, team challenges or excursions provide chances to learn about international business in an interactive way.
• International Business Management is taught in a truly international environment. Students from all over the world meet with students from Austria and the South East and Central European region, thereby being given the opportunity to form international networks and to get to know firms in the region.
• The International Business Management program provides a chance to learn a new foreign language. As part of the curriculum, students can choose from German, Italian, Russian and Slovene language courses.
Carinthia University of Applied Sciences has a wide network of international university partners. The fourth semester of the International Business Mangement Master´s study program can also be taken abroad.
- International StrategicManagement, International Marketing, Internationalization and Export Management
- European Business Law, International Contracting and Finance
- Intercultural competence
- Specifics of doing business in South East and Central Europe
Globalization and regionalization trends at the beginning of the 21st century present new challenges for the economy globally. The eastward expansion of the EU has created new business opportunities for Austria and other Central European countries. The challenges posed by the internationalization of networks of value creation can only be met with adequately qualified employees; employees who, in addition to a solid business background, also have sufficient know-how regarding the specific cultural aspects and socio-economic conditions in the inter-regional business environment of Central Eastern and South East Europe (CEE). International Business Management addresses this need.
Students will receive a well grounded education in the field of International Management together with a structured insight into the socio-cultural and political characteristicswhich should be considered when setting up or strengthening business ties and are necessary for successful business relations with South East and Central Europe. The program is designed for managers and managers-to-be who in addition to the necessary business competence would also like to acquire excellent intercultural skills as well as further language skills.
This school offers programs in: