Taught in both part time and full time modes, MA Graphic Media Design is concerned with establishing a distinct understanding of the fields of graphic design and visual culture, as well as those that infect, destabilise and unravel it. We invite thoughtful, critical, productive individuals interested in the effective articulation of design.
Reasons to Apply
- Flexible modes of engagement - one of the only courses in the United Kingdom to offer both full time and part time modes to accommodate those interests and external commitments.
- Subject expertise - engage with high-profile design practitioners, writers and critics such as: Jonathan Barnbrook, Rick Poynor, Daniel Eatock, Peter Bilak, Richard Hollis, Erik Spiekermann, Anthony Burrill and Sara de Bondt as part of the course workshop programme and guest lecture series.
- Contemporary ventures - join a community of graduates that have developed distinctive practices and gained notable recognition across the creative industries such as: Tzortzis Rallis (Occupy London - Shortlist, Design Museum Design of the Year Awards 2013, PhD Candidate LCC), Joanna Choukeir (Partner at Uscreates, PhD Candidate LCC), Sarah Boris (Associate Art Director, Phaidon Publishing), Sonoles Alveraz (The Partners) and Marwan Kaabour (Barnbrook Studio).
- World leading resources - realise and further enable your studio practice and independent research with access to world-leading facilities in our letterpress, screen-printing, photography, book-binding, 3D, sound and film studios and workshops, offering new tools and processes for you to explore in your research endeavours.
This school offers programs in:
The full and part-time modes have an excellent history in working with students at varied stages in their careers. They have joined the course as:
- progressing students from undergraduate, PG Cert and Diploma courses locally from UAL, nationally and internationally;
- recent graduates/freelancers immersing themselves within a thriving design community in London;
- graphic design lecturers/researchers/academics from notable national and international institutions;
- established independent design practitioners;
- cross-disciplinary fields such as biophysics, law, civil service and government policy departments.
Progression routes forward are vast and varied. Graduates from of the course have progressed on to PhD study; teach and lead UG/PG design courses internationally; establish and take up key positions in significant design studios, agencies and organisations; publish books on the subject; present independent research across the world; exhibit; write; perform; and more.
Cost & Fees
£8,000 (Full Time).
£1,000 discount available to Home/EU students successfully awarded a UAL BA, FdA, PgCert or PgDip.
Course fees may be paid in instalments
£15,950 (Full Time) Course fees may be paid in instalments
College: London College of Communication
Last updated March 3, 2016