MA Graphic Design (2015 entry)
Take your design and visual communication skills further by producing your own research-driven project.
Explore a range of different design methodologies such as typography or publication design, and apply them to ‘real-world’ situations and scenarios. Your aim will be to channel design engagement while creating links with industry and the professional design community.
On this course you can:
- Extend the view of accepted practice by producing cutting-edge and intellectually and stimulating graphic design using the latest software and equipment
- Develop your understanding of graphic design through in-depth research based study
- Develop a strong critical discourse in relation to your work
- Visit out course blog to find out more
What opportunities might it lead to?
You are encouraged to firmly ground your developments within a professional context by testing and applying your work in real world settings. This will often open future possibilities for employment and entrepreneurship on graduating from the course.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
- graphic design
- typographic design
- type design
- website design
- new media design
- magazine design publishing
- work in the television and film industries
- art direction
- design management
An upper second-class honours degree in graphic design or a related subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications. All applications should be supported by a portfolio of original recent work, showing 10 to 20 items of graphic design. Evidence of one sketchbook/research folder is also required. Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
English language requirements
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 10, 2016