This course is all about the research, development and production of creative, original and effective graphic design solutions that function across a range of print and digital media. At the start of the course you’ll work on short projects which are aimed at challenging conventions. You’ll then focus on a subject of your choice through the research, development and production of a single, in-depth project. You will also develop a professional Journal which explores current thought and practice.
- Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations.
- Engage with industry by undertaking short internships and studio visits.
- Work in our dedicated Art and Design postgraduate studio.
- Benefit from regular lectures from leading figures in the design industry.
- Attend workshops covering typography, visual language, branding, storyboarding and life drawing sessions.
- Opt for an additional advanced research module if you're thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study.
You will need:
- a good honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience
- to supply examples of your work
This course will equip you with strong creative and problem solving skills. Our graduates become valuable members of professional teams working together on a range of visual communication projects, involving all kinds of cross-discipline collaborations.
Recent graduates have:
- Set up their own businesses, in the UK and abroad.
- Progressed to further study at PhD level.
- Found work within related careers in the design sector.
- Returned to their previous occupations with a new focus.
- Others have found careers in digital and printed media for advertising, branding, marketing and promotion, and a diverse range of publications.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 2, 2016