This course gives you the opportunity to work at the centre of the most dynamic, powerful and influential areas of professional design. You will learn how to plan and create brands that will speak with power and persuasion. At the start of the course you'll work on short projects which are aimed at challenging conventions. You'll then focus on a subject of your choice through research and development. You will also build a Professional Journal which explores current thought and practice.
- Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations.
- Engage with industry by undertaking short internships and studio visits.
- Work in our dedicated Art and Design postgraduate studio.
- Benefit from regular lectures from leading figures in the design industry.
- Attend workshops covering typography, visual language, branding, storyboarding and life drawing sessions.
- Opt for an additional advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study.
You will need:
- a good honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience
- to supply examples of your work
This course will equip you with strong creative and problem solving skills. Our graduates become valuable members of professional teams working together on a range of visual communication projects, involving all kinds of cross-discipline collaborations.
Recent graduates have:
- set up their own businesses, in the UK and abroad.
- progressed to further study at PhD level.
- found work within related careers in the design sector.
- returned to their previous occupations with a new focus.
Others have found careers in digital and printed media for advertising, branding, marketing and promotion, and a diverse range of publications.
Our MA Branding and Identity team are all active practitioners, scholars and / or researchers.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2016