Perform an advanced study of biblical texts from both the Old and New Testament, with an emphasis on current methodologies.
The programme attracts teachers and people involved in church ministry, as well as anyone with a particular interest in the textual study of biblical literature. It provides a valuable ongoing education for ministers.
- Critical Aspects of Biblical Interpretation (Old Testament)
- Critical Aspects of Biblical Interpretation (New Testament)
OPTIONAL MODULE GROUP ONE
Select between the two
- Reading 1 Corinthians
- A Critical Investigation of the Gospel of Mark
OPTIONAL MODULE GROUP TWO
Select between the three
- The Bible in the life of the Church
- Second Temple Judaism
- Women in the Old Testament and Intertestamental Era
OPTIONAL LANGUAGE MODULE
Students may replace one optional module with a language module.
- Biblical Hebrew
- New Testament Greek
- An honours degree (normally 2.1 or above) or equivalent in an appropriate subject
- PGCert Biblical Studies
- PGDip Biblical Studies
- 1 years full-time
- 2 years part-time
This school offers programs in: