This one-year programme is offered in both English and Dutch. The master’s programme in Arts and Heritage: Policy, Management and Education examines the concepts of ‘heritage’ and ‘art’ as expressions of past and present culture. Culture is defined in broad terms, encompassing both historical as well as contemporary artistic and cultural manifestations. In this context, heritage is regarded as a particular component of culture in the wider sense of the word.
You will develop insights into these key concepts and how their meaning has changed throughout history. You will also explore, evaluate and debate issues related to appreciation, interpretation, use, management and policy. In addition, you will acquire professional and academic skills in the practical organisation and development of artistic projects in the context of cultural management.
This interdisciplinary master’s programme has a strong international and professional orientation.
Arts and Heritage at Maastricht University…
- is a one-year international and interdisciplinary Master of Arts programme
- is a selective programme for a maximum of approximately 50 students
- has a majority of international students, representing on average 20 different nationalities
- provides opportunities for students from both language tracks to regularly team up
- is enriched by the variety of disciplinary, national and professional backgrounds of staff and students
- utilises a combination of methodologies including Problem-Based Learning
- is centred on professional practice, based on the methods and results of academic research
- has well-established links with practising professionals across the Arts and Heritage sector locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- provides practical and professional experience for students through an internship and/or a self-directed project
If you would like to come to Maastricht earlier in the summer in order to settle in, you might think about taking a language course or attending the Maastricht summer school for 2, 4 or 6 weeks. Contact us for more information.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 22, 2016