- Art of the Contemporary World and World Art Studies
- Design and Decorative Art Studies
- Early Modern and Medieval Art
- Museums and Collections
The MA in Arts and Culture in Leiden is unique in the Netherlands for the interdisciplinary range of subjects offered and for the diversity of the optional tracks available. You learn to consider modern art and design as links between media, cultures and communities. You also discover how sculpture, architecture and visual arts were applied together in the Renaissance and Baroque periods as a means to convince the viewer.
In this programme, it is not only the art object itself that is key; the commissioner of the work and the reactions of the public also play a central role. A binding theme is the effect of works of art on the viewer and the ways in which the medium of art works contribute to this. This broad approach ensures you become familiar with different methods and allows you to connect with other disciplines such as anthropology, natural sciences, theology and gender and international studies.
Reasons to choose Arts and Culture in Leiden
- Leiden has a unique teaching programme.
- You have a broad range of options.
- The programme is personally-tailored and small-scale.
- You benefit from contacts with eminent national and international institutions.
- Leiden students become sought-after employees.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 29, 2016