MA / PG Diploma in Archaeology
The MA in Archaeology enables students to study a variety of archaeological periods and cultures, whilst ensuring that the research skills and theoretical awareness necessary for the completion of a substantial piece of research work are developed.
The course can be used either as vocational training or as a foundation from which to commence further research.
The course will:
- Enable graduates in archaeology and related subjects to studyin depth periods, themes and methods in the archaeology of the United Kingdom, Europe and Asia within a framework of advanced archaeological theory
- Provide a flexible programme of study that reflects areas of staff expertise, building on their extensive research programmes.
- Encourage development of independent learning skills, by providing a supportive, structured environment
- Develop high-level subject knowledge and understanding and provide training in discipline skills to enable graduates to pursue further research or careers in archaeology
- Develop critical and analytical problem solving skills and personal transferable skills to prepare students for careers in non-cognate fields
- Advanced Theoretical Archaeology
- The Vikings in the North Atlantic
- From Stone to Bronze: Britain and Ireland 3000-1000BC
- Research Skills
- Celtic Europe
- Funerary Archaeology
- The course offers a breadth of cultural content covering Old World Archaeology
- The content is particularly attractive to students from North American institutions
- First destination figures for Postgraduate Taught Courses in Archaeological Sciences indicate that about 85% of graduates achieve work or further studies in the discipline or cognate areas
- A part-time route is feasible, accumulating module credits over a period of study. Individual modules are available to candidates wishing to enhance their specialist knowledge in a particular area
- 2:1 in Archaeology or another relevant or related discipline
- Other relevant qualifications will be considered
- For North American students a GPA of at least 2.5 on a scale of 4.0 is required, or an equivalent
- IELTS at 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each of the subtests.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 1, 2015