MSE (M.Sc. in Space Engineering) is an international full-time Master’s programme in space engineering that starts at Technische Universität Berlin in April each year. The aim of the programme is to educate systems engineers equipped to become leaders in the space industry.
At the Chair of Space Technology of TU Berlin
The course is offered by the Chair of Space Technology at Technische Universität Berlin and combines excellent teaching in space technology with project management and intercultural skills. The entire programme, over four semesters, is taught in English.
Highly project oriented Master’s programme
The Master’s programme is highly project oriented and designed to prepare students for the requirements of the global space industry. Students have the chance to be involved in challenging satellite projects, working within intercultural teams. Especially, they benefit from the worldwide leading expertise and network of TU Berlin in the field of small satellites. Interdisciplinary skills, such as project management, innovation marketing and business will complement the curriculum. Internship experience in the European space industry
Furthermore, the opportunity to gain internship experience in the European space industry will be provided. After graduation, students will be equipped with skills, experience and a strong network to boost their space career either in Europe, in their home country or anywhere else.
Master’s in Space Engineering candidates need to have:
1) Previous degree (at least Bachelor’s equivalent) in engineering
2) In exceptional cases applicants with degrees in other subjects or equivalent work experience are eligible to participate on the MSE study programme.
3) English proficiency, proved by one of the following:
- The minimum score for the TOEFL is 80 for the Internet-based test and 550 for the paper based test. The IELTS examination is accepted with a 6 band score (academic modules).
- Bachelor’s degree completed in Australia, Canada, Great Britain, USA, Ireland or New Zealand.
- English as mother tongue
4) Minimum of one year’s work experience (including relevant internship periods)
5) Completed application, including all required documents
Fees for Master of Space Engineering study program
Full programme tuition for two years of study is €14,900. You can choose to pay for the Master’s programme in one instalment or you can spread the payments with four instalments.
In addition to the tuition fee, students have to pay an organisation fee of €287.73 per semester which includes a public transport ticket for 6 months.
Apart from the tuition and organisation fees, you will need approximately €700.00 – €800.00 per month, to cover your living expenses in Berlin.
Technische Universität Berlin does not offer scholarships. We encourage you to search for external funding sources, German or from your home country.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2016