The Master of Science in Business Administration: Executive Leadership is a fully on-line program that offers a planned program of educational experiences for the graduate interested in advancing knowledge and competency in business.
At the conclusion of the program, students will be able to:
- gain the disciplinary knowledge and competencies of business, in general, and of their particular program of study.
- apply ethical reasoning to managerial decision-making and promote Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- deploy quantitative and qualitative tools for effective decision-making.
- communicate effectively in written and oral formats.
- harness leadership skills which are applicable to contemporary business situations and environments.
Admission to the MSBA program with a specialty in Leadership Studies is determined on the basis of the following criteria:
Possession of a bachelor degree from a regionally-accredited institution with an undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. An average below 3.5 will be re -viewed for conditional admission with completion of the GMAT.
Supervisory or leadership experience of at least 7-10 years. International students unable to pursue full-time employment in the United States while completing a graduate degree may be admitted to the program if the student has prior substantive full-time managerial work experience. The work experience record will be reviewed by the School of Business Admissions Committee.
Two letters of recommendation from current or previous supervisors.
Current résumé and personal statement of goals for graduate education in executive leadership.
Admission interview with a member of the School of Business curriculum committee (in-person/virtual) for domestic applicants. International students unable to visit the campus for an interview will submit an autobiographical essay focusing on the questions in the application packet.
- Non-refundable cash deposit equal to 1.5 s.h. of tuition to secure placement in a cohort; deposit will be applied to tuition.
Students may transfer up to 6 semester hours of credit, with departmental approval.
Program Requirements (35 s.h.)
Prerequisites (9 s.h.)
These courses may be waived if undergraduate equivalents have been completed.
- Core Course (21 s.h.)
- Leadership Specialty (9 s.h.)
- Capstone Research (5 s.h.)
This school offers programs in: