The Master of Arts in International Economics and Business equips high-calibre graduates from home and abroad with an in-depth understanding of the economics of trade, investment and capital flows, how they are planned and forecast, as well as their associated opportunities and risks.
After completing the degree programme, students will be able to make sound investment decisions and choose business sites, both in industrialised nations and emerging markets on the basis of scientific principles.
Students will be able to identify the impact and limitations of international institutions operating on a global scale. This Master’s degree can serve as a basis for an academic career.
As this degree programme is fully German-taught, you need to be proficient in German to apply (at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, as evidenced by a DSH-2, TestDaF 4×4 or an equivalent language certificate).
If you need to learn or perfect your German first, you may be interested in the University's preparatory German language offering, German Courses Passau.
- An economics degree that includes selected courses on business studies and econometrics
- Includes interdisciplinary modules and courses on transferable skills
- Individual guidance in small learning groups of about 30 students
- Combines theory and practical application
- Includes courses taught in English and German
- The University's Language Centre has an excellent reputation
- A large number of worldwide university partnerships
This degree programme prepares you for executive positions in international businesses and public-sector organisations. Once you have graduated, you will also have access to doctoral study and research, e.g. as a member of the Passau Graduate School of Business and Economics.
Last updated July 29, 2015