Joint Masters of Information Technology & Business Administration
This joint degree is designed to address the demand for Computer Science and IT graduates who can also apply critical business acumen with communication skills. The joint degree is for students who are capable of leveraging their IT technical skills beyond the ordinary, creating profitable products and services for employers.
Students have to complete Computer Science and IT core subjects to ensuring exposure to the latest technologies and knowledge in internet applications, databases, E-Security, data mining, and the all important project management. Postgraduate Business subjects can be drawn from accounting, marketing, operations and finance management. Further electives give students plenty of opportunities to embellish areas of interest, not only in Computer Science, and Business but from other areas within the University as well.
The Joint Master of Information Technology and Business Administration program:
- prepares students for management responsibilities and career advancement;
- enables students to work more efficiently in multi-disciplinary teams;
- better equips students to use their IT skills to achieve organisation goals;
- has a relevant curriculum designed to meet business management needs; and
- provides a formal business and management education that enhances a graduate’s research, report preparation, presentation and people skills.
Our Joint Masters of Information Technology & Business Administration program is fully accredited by the Australian Computer Society at the 'Professional Level' (its highest level).
- E-Business Technologies
- Enterprise Database Systems - Oracle
- Advanced E-Security
- Advanced Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- ICT Project 1: Analysis and Design
- ICT Project 2: Implementation and Commissioning
- Managing Business in a Global Context
- Financial Foundations for Managers
- Strategy & Leadership
- Current Business Issues
- Business Plan or Community Project
PLUS 2 Business subjects, 1 additional IT subject and 2 elective subjects
Tuition fees vary depending on your location: Domestic Fee: $ 43,674 International Fee: $ 44,940
This school offers programs in:
This program provides the management skills to further your career in IT or IT-project related roles.
- Successful completion of study equivalent to an Australian undergraduate Bachelor award; or
- 3-year IT or Computer Science Diploma with completion of at least 4 bridging subjects
Students who do not meet the entry requirements for the joint masters program may need to complete 4 bridging subjects usually taken over 4 months.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS
- IELTS 6.0 (no component lower than 5.5)/ TOEFL iBT 79 (with minimum writing score of 19) and above; or
- Satisfactory completion of the JCU Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP)
- Students who have successfully completed 2 years of full-time study in English medium may satisfy the English language requirement.
Last updated April 8, 2016