International Master in Management of Information Technology
This program requires proficiency in English.
The International Master’s in Management of IT (IMMIT) programme prepares students to act as intermediaries between business users and Information Technology specialists in an international environment, and thus become “hybrid” managers at the interface between InformationTechnology and Business functions.
IMMIT consists of integrative skills and knowledges needed for effective use of Information Technology to support international business operations and management.
Organisation and Structure of IMMIT
IMMIT is a two year, integrated Master programme, specialized in IT management, organised between 3 university partners from renown European Institutions:
- IAE Aix Graduate School of Management, Aix-Marseille University (France)
- Turku School of Economics (Finland)
- Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics (The Netherlands)
Courses take place successively in France, Finland, and The Netherlands:
I - The first semester (year 1) begin at the IAE Aix in France. This semester is dedicated to the FOUNDATION (Management and Information Technology): to examine the Foundations of Business & IT in an International context. Students also initiate studies on business analysis and multi-cultural competences.
II - Then the cohort goes to Turku School of Economics in Finland for the second semester (year 1). This semester is dedicated to InformationTechnology specialisation. Students initiate studies related to systems analyst competences and learn about research methods.
III - The third semester (Year 2), at Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics in The Netherlands, is dedicated to Information Technology integration issues. Students concentrate on courses that bridge the world of IT and Business and choose a career track to improve their IS analysis skills.
IV - The fourth semester (year 2) is devoted to thesis work which includes an internship in an international operating company, anywhere in Europe. Internship and Master thesis permit students to apply their new competences and conduct a research possibly based on an internship assignment and use their research skills to report it as a thesis.
Upon completion of the IMMIT programme, students would have earned three degrees, one from each partner university:
- IAE Aix Graduate School of Management, Aix-Marseille University: MSc in Management and Information Technology
- Turku School of Economics: Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration
- Tilburg University: MSc in Information Management
The degrees are officially recognised by the countries concerned, and internationally thanks to the diverse international accreditations (Equis, AMBA, AACSB).
Applicant profiles & Admissions
- Students with a Bachelor or equivalent undergraduate degree (180 ECTS) either in Management/Economics/Business Administration or in Computer Science/Information System
- or Students with an Engineering Degree
IMMIT students come from the whole world. Previous IMMIT cohort counted up to 14 different nationalities.