- 1st round: March 2nd - April 27th 2015
- 2nd round: May 18th - June 15th 2015
- Late Applications: June 22nd - June 29th 2015
Please note that late applications (after June 22nd 2015) from overseas candidates requiring visas will only be considered if their visa request is already being processed. Please contact the MSc Marketing and Admissions Office for further information.
- € 9.500 (3 semesters) | €11.500 (4 semesters) plus a registration fee of €320 per year (EEA and Non-EEA)
Start date: September 2015
Credits: 90 ECTS (3 semesters) or 120 ECTS (4 semesters)
Duration full-time: 3 - 4 semesters (international exchange semester is optional (and adds a 4th semester)
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Delivery mode: On Campus
Educational variant: Full-time
Link website: http://www.clsbe.lisboa.ucp.pt/site/custom/template/fceetplgeneric.asp?sspageID=53&lang=2
The International MSc in Management is a highly selective program with a strong international scope that offers you a high quality graduate education in Business. This program offers a balanced perspective on business as well as a choice of majors in core management areas: Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Marketing, Strategy & Consulting.
This program is designed to provide you with the relevant practical and academic knowledge required for an international career: it combines deep analytical skills with applied learning, project and case based. You will enrich your understanding of global business challenges in the mandatory block of International Management courses.
International MSc in Management students are encouraged to spend an extra semester abroad at one of the top business schools we partner with. For additional international exposure, you can opt for a Double Degree or an International Triangle. This program can prepare you for a top international management career.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Business or Economics graduates with a high academic standing who seek to strengthen their knowledge in management and prepare for top international careers.
- Foreign languages and extracurricular activities are highly valued by the Admissions Jury.
- Have a Master degree at the only Portuguese Business School among Europe's Top 25, according to the Financial Times. Under the ranking for the best Masters in Management, our International MSc in Management is among the best 50 in the world.
- Became part of an alumni network of more than 40.000 graduates worldwide.
- Choosing one of the major’s offered you have the opportunity to invest and specialize in your favorite field, while presenting a balanced perspective on Management.
- CATÓLICA-LISBON is well-known for its academic excellence! We offer rigorous quality in every course we teach using state-of-the-art knowledge.
- A Master's degree will ensure better placement success rates, higher autonomy and responsibility during your first jobs and most importantly, greater potential! CATÓLICA-LISBON places over 97% of its graduates in 3 months after completing their degree.
The International MSc in Management is designed to provide you with the relevant practical and academic knowledge required for an international career: it combines deep analytical skills with applied learning, project and case based. You will enrich your understanding of global business challenges in the mandatory block of International Management courses. In addition, you can select one of four majors to acquire additional expertise in an area of your choice.
Our International MSc in Management is structure in
GENERAL BUSINESS FOUNDATION COURSES
The foundation courses are designed to consolidate your integrated view of the firm and the business environment. Some courses can be waived, depending on your background. Most students will be required to take between three and seven foundation courses. Unless otherwise stated, all foundation courses are half-semester and worth 3.5 ECTS.
- Business Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Economics of Business & Markets
- Financial Decision-Making in a Business Context
- Marketing Management or Marketing Planning [5.5 ECTS]
- Managerial Accounting
- Managing People
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
The international courses are designed to strengthen your international perspective on management and prepare you to work in diverse, multicultural business environments. Three mandatory international courses (in bold below and worth 11ECTS) can be supplemented by a wide range of international electives.
- Cross Cultural Management
- Managing in a Global Context or International Business Challenges
- Foreign Language Course [4 ECTS]
- Banking in a Global Context
- Corporate Governance & Control: An International Perspective
- International Industry Analysis
- International Finance
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- International Marketing
- International Markets Segmentation
- Social Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship
Additional courses in your major are designed to provide advanced skills and prepare you for a career in a specific area of choice: Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Marketing, or Strategy & Consulting. Unless indicated otherwise, major courses are worth 3.5 ECTS. A minimum of 24 ECTS in mandatory and elective courses must be completed in your major of choice. Courses associated with each major are listed below.
INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
To enrich your international experience and your CV, you can choose among the following:
- An exchange semester, a Double Degree or an International Triangle with one of CATÓLICA-LISBON's prestigious partner schools around the world;
- A summer internship (6 weeks minimum) in a country other than your home nation. Students who have completed an international internship recently before starting the program will automatically fulfill this requirement.
- A study project abroad (6 week's minimum).
Free electives can be used to take electives outside of your major. You can select a subject from a different major to complement your area of expertise, or simply explore a topic that interests you. CATÓLICA-LISBON offers a wide range of electives taught by our own faculty, prestigious invited lecturers, and top executives from the corporate world.
OPTION FOR A MINOR
Students who choose an exchange semester can opt for a minor in an area that is complementary to their major. A minor can bring further breadth to your resumé and open additional career options. In order to complete a minor, a mandatory course and 10.5 ECTS in the area must be completed.
Prepare for finding a job and advancing in your career by participating in Leadership Lab (4 ECTS). Select among workshops and activities designed to help you discover your strengths, learn and practice professional skills, and expand your career horizons. You will receive feedback from colleagues and industry professionals, and participate in a realistic assessment center.
Strengthen your professional skills in key areas: COMMUNICATION AND INFLUENCE / TEAMWORK / CREATIVITY / ADAPTABILITY / MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
Define your goals and select from a variety of job search and professional skills workshops and activities, including international field trips, guest speakers, and workshops focused on key competencies.
You will participate in a workshop designed to provide you with advice, resources, requirements, and useful tools to plan and write the research for your Master thesis (30 ECTS). For many students, the thesis semester serves as an ideal bridge between academic studies and your professional career. As you complete your thesis, the Career Development Office is available to work with you on your job search and career planning. You should plan to work full-time on your dissertation for 3 to 4 months.
THE BEST PASSPORT FOR AN INTERNATIONAL CAREER!
Spend one year at CATÓLICA-LISBON followed by a second year at the partner school of your choice and get two diplomas.
What is a Double Degree? A Double Degree is a joint program that allows you to:
- Study at two top business and economic schools
- Receive two diplomas, one from each University
- Create a differentiating factor in your CV
- Spend the first academic year at CATÓLICA-LISBON and the second academic year at a partner School
- Both programs are taught in English
Why a Double Degree?
- To challenge yourself academically, through new academic experiences
- To increase your cultural and social experiences
- To explore a new business environment
- To create an international business network
- To spend one full year abroad in a great city and a great school
- To be part of an international community
- To gain a passport for an international career
INTERNATIONAL TRIANGLE PROGRAM
You can opt for an extension to your international experience. More than an exchange semester you can have a double exchange semester.
This program allows you to spend the first year at CATÓLICA-LISBON and during the second year, you can choose two schools, one during each semester.
You have the opportunity to study at three Top Business Schools.
You can choose your own path!
Take the chance to attend two of the following schools:
INTERNATIONAL MSC IN MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
- 1st cycle degree in Business/Management or Economics (180 ECTS)
- High Academic Standing
- English Proficiency
- Professional experience/internship (up to 2 years)
- International experience (exchange, summer school or internship abroad)
- Foreign languages
- Extra-curricular activities
- A GMAT Exam or equivalent may be required.
- Our programs are pre-experience.
- Curriculum Vitae in English.
- Statement of Purpose
- University Transcripts of Records confirming academic qualifications (Portuguese or English). For application purposes we do not require a formal certificate from your School, but we do require a non official document with ALL the courses you attended and its grades (you may print this information from your students' personal webpage). We will require a formal certificate after completing your degree and no later than October (for September intake) and March (for February intake). International students: The Transcript of Records must be authenticated by the official education authority of the relevant country. This authority will also have to be recognized by the Portuguese diplomatic corps or consulate or be accompanied by a Hague Convention Apostille.
- You can present one of the following certificates, until the beginning of the intake, to prove your English proficiency or take a CATÓLICA-LISBON English Test: -TOEFL (recommended score): 600 (PBT), 250 (CBT), or 100 (IBT). If you wish the TOEFL centre to send us your score, our code is 8339.
- GMAT or you can take the CATÓLICA-LISBON Admission Test: -Mandatory for applicants with a Background in an area different from Economics and Management
-IELTS (recommended score): 7.0
-Certificate in advance English (CAE) minimum of C
-The admission jury may request this exam from applicants with a background in management or economics if they decide that is justifiable
Important note - The payments of these tests are non refundable (English test - €45 and Admission test - €40). The application fee and the enrollment fee are also non refundable.
CATÓLICA-LISBON Top+ is a scholarship program for students with an outstanding academic record.
Implemented by CATÓLICA-LISBON, this program allows high-potential students to complete the MSc at CATÓLICA-LISBON with a partial waiver of MSc fees, ranging from 25% to 90%. We encourage outstanding students to apply for these scholarships; especially those that have completed their first cycle degree at the top of their classes (for example, average final grades of 77.50% or above).
The following criteria are highly valued by the jury:
- Undergraduate GPA and academic performance
- International experience
- Extracurricular activities
- Professional experience (e.g. internships)
- Contribution to the diversity of the group
- Contribution to School activities
- Results of GMAT or CATÓLICA-LISBON Admission Test, if applicable.
EXCEPTION: Double Degree and Joint Degree students must pay the tuition fees in the 2nd year of the Program while they are abroad. Scholarships based on social criteria Scholarships are based on economics and academic factors. Through an application process that establishes economic need and academic performance, Social Services, through the University's Student Services Office, may fund all or part of the student's studies.
In this scholarship, the academic performance is also taken into consideration and the student may have part of his/her tuition fees financed. In addition, an activity to support the school will be requested. International Students In addition to this scholarship provided by the school, we strongly recommend that you check in your home country about local government scholarship possibilities (embassy, consulate) Loans Top international bank institutions offer low-interest loans to students that cover tuition fees and study-related expenses. The applications for these loans should be submitted directly to the bank.
In addition, we strongly encourage you to check out the financial institutions in your home country.
This school offers programs in: