Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA - London Campus
This course offers you the opportunity to combine academic studies with a real business experience in the heart of London – the most popular destination city in the world. The programme has been created in consultations with key industry players and focuses on developing the hands-on skills you need to launch a successful international business career.
We will provide you with specialist knowledge and a set of rigorous and industry-relevant analytical tools for leadership and management positions. The course aims to equip you with a wide range of important personal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, deal with challenging situations and leading in a changing world. This ‘package’ of knowledge, skills and practical experience will make you a highly sought-after employee.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This course has your future employability as its focus. By choosing to study at Coventry University London Campus you will benefit from:
- Flexible start dates in September and January
- A unique experience delivered by an institution with strong foundations in educating business leaders
- Small classes led by academics with extensive industrial experience;
- Opportunities to apply for work-experience with a range of employers in the UK;
- The opportunity to attend the exhibition and seminar events at the World Travel Market, a leading global event for the tourism and hospitality industry;
- Guest speakers from the industry and and leading lectures from high-profile business figures;
- Field trips and work-based projects.
Learning and assessment reflect an action learning approach focused upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis. The university provides student support, as well as comprehensive advice on immigration and visas.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The course includes a range of core, specialist and skills modules delivered over 4 terms of 10 weeks each. The broad aim of this course is to equip students with the knowledge, practical management skills and academic qualification to help them to pursue a career as a senior manager in all sectors of the tourism and hospitality industry. The course is designed to provide students with a strategic understanding of industry, as well as international marketing, tourism and hospitality operations, financial reporting and project management.
The course has been designed in partnership with industry employers to provide a set of robust and rigorous analyses of tourism activity, incorporating the latest and most significant developments and practice within the study area.
MBA programmes are delivered over four terms of 10 weeks each and you can choose to begin your programme in January, April or October.
All students study five core management modules, four mandatory modules and an internship, consulting project or dissertation.
- Academic and Practical Skills,
- Sustainable Strategy: From Planning To Implementation,
- Marketing in a Global Age,
- Leading in a Changing World,
- Customer Experience Management in Hospitality and Tourism,
- Finance, Funding and legislative Frameworks for Success,
- Employability and Consulting Skills,
- Project Management,
- Business and Management Research Methods
- Strategic Operations Management in Hospitality and Tourism,
- International Events a and Destination Management,
- Organisation Internship or Business Simulation or Consulting Project or Dissertation.
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
Your course will be taught through knowledgecast lectures and seminars of smaller groups of students. Seminars are interactive and may involve hypothetical problem questions, simulations, case studies and the analysis of more theoretical issues.
Your learning at CULC is underpinned and supported by the latest developments in technology. Audience Response Systems are used in class to quickly explore your level of understanding and identify any specific issues to focus on.
We use audio visual materials in a range of ways to bring the curriculum to life, through recorded interviews with business leaders, recording key lectures and seminars for you to review and re-watch or in recording your own board presentations as part of your assessed work.
You will be assigned a personal tutor who will be able to review and discuss your progress and offer advice throughout your studies.
- A second class honours degree (2:2) or (or equivalent).
- For international students, English language qualification; IELTS of 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- No work experience required.