In September 2016, the 2 year, HEI Master of Science and Engineering Smart Cities (English as teaching language), designed for International Students, having obtained Bachelor of Science in an appropriate field and a level in French of B1 or equivalent, will open. The HEI Master of Science and Engineering Samrt Cities is also open to French Nationals residing in France or abroad, is accredited by the French Government.
The HEI Master of Science and Engineering Smart Cities proposes a positive response to the growing demands of increasing urban densification, worldwide, urban centers suffering from insufficient planning and infrastructure, Responsible Social Development, at all levels economic and environmental. The HEI Master of Science and Engineering Smart Cities Smart Cities carries viable solutions in transportation, housing, energy, planning, zoning and management plus the various services in quality and environmental conservation.
New career paths and organisations required by these major changes see trained Engineers to assist businesses, local and National authorities and organisations in addressing these challenges and to resolve the stakes imposed by design, construction and management and sustainable urban centers.
HEI Master of Science and Engineering Smart Cities, offered in English over 2 years, enables students to gain capacity and professional skill in Sustainable Urbanism, Sustainable Building, Energy, Economy and Environmental Management.
2 Professional paid internships of 7 to 9 months complement interactive learning and job experience. Internships are offered in France and throughout the World, for Graduates to quickly launch their professional career.
Employment opportunities for Engineers, Managers, Consultants, Private and Public Sectors, NGO’s and other employeers inf ields such as: Building and energy efficiency, Renewable and Alternative energy, Sustainable building construction, Home Automation, Air, Soil and water quality restoration and conservation, Waste management, Environmental management …
The HEI Master of Science and Engineering Smart Cities provides the knowledge and skills for a career in the fields of energy, habitat and environment. Successful engineers are both Manager and Technically Competent, to achieve Professional goals.
Typical Jobs and Comptence:
- Sustainable Urbanism, Sociology, Eco-district, Smart-Cities, Transport, Mobility and Ubiquity …
- Sustainable Buildings, Eco-renovation, Building Information Modeling, Sustainable habitat, Home automation, Lighting, Labels and Certification …
- Energy, Renewable Energy, Smart Grids, Power Production and Storage …
- Environment, Water management, Waste management, Air, Water and Soils quality…
- Economy, Life Cycle Assessment, Circular Economy, Third Industrial Revolution …
- Social and Humanities, Personal, Professional Development, Intercultural, French, Leadership, Teamwork …
- Engineer Common Core, Physics, Mechanics, Information Systems, Electricity, Automation, Quality Management, Management and Organization of Companies, Innovation …
- Professional Experience, Internship year 1 (HEI 4), 4 months in France or International + Internship year 2 (HEI 5), 6 months in France or International.
- Application Form must be received before Deadline : 27th, April 2016.
- Submit in attachment files all Transcripts, CV, letters of motivation and recommendation.
- Successful interview in person or at a distance.
- Minimum Bachelor of Sc. or equivalent.
- GPA 3.0 or superior.
- English: B2, equivalent or proven proficiency: BULATS 65 ,TOEIC 750
- French: B1, equivalent or proven proficiency.
- Fees: 10.000 € / year
- Starting date: September 2016
- Program delivered in English.
- Accelerated Language and Cultural Training in French and English.
- Lille, France.
- 7 to 10 months of internships in France and Interational.
- HEI is a member of Group HEI ISA ISEN: 3800 students, 24500 Alumni, 25 accredited laboratories, 280 Academic Partners, 3500 industrial partnerships.
- HEI is a member of the Catholic University of Lille: 25500 students, 160 Fields of Study, 6 Faculties, 20 Schools and Institutes.
- All Diplomas are accredited worldwide.
- Welcome package: At HEI, we place particular emphasis on hosting and integrating international students, starting before their arrival in Lille and throughout the HEI Master of Science and Engineering Smart Cities. We assist you with all administrative steps such as mobile telephone set up, Internet connection, administrative formalities, health and insurance…
- Professional package: For HEI, knowledge acquisition in order to become an engineer is only one part of the student’s training. Another part involves giving them the keys to succeed in their professional integration.
HEI, Ecole des Hautes Etudes d’Ingénieur:
In 1885-1886 HEI was founded in Lille, by the Industrial Leaders of Northern France, to meet their engineering needs. HEI has since extended activities to the training of polyvalent engineers, open-minded to the world, humanistic in their managerial approach with the added plus of an international and intercultural profile. Some 125 years later, the school continues to pursue this mission through three core activities: the training of engineers and executives, industrial applied research and development and the provision of extension services to the business world including technology transfer. Since the creation of the school, these dimensions have defined the identity of HEI. We coach each student, personally, in the design and realization of his or her personal and professional project, enhancing learning outcomes in line with the needs, expectations and requirements of the global economic world. HEI, is at the service of the private business and industrial sectors, revealing individual talents and insight, fostering innovation, developing competency and creating competitive advantage. HEI is a founding member of the HEI ISA ISEN Group, inaugurated in 2012.
6 reasons to come to HEI:
1. AN ACCREDITED DEGREE OF ACKNOWLEDGED PRESTIGE
Our graduates are renowned as HEI engineers throughout all areas of specialization, due to the reputation HEI carries with the leading companies in France and worldwide. HEI engineers are capable of efficiently resolving complex problems and are at ease in carrying out complex tasks in a clear, systematic manner, within budget. They are also well versed in teamwork, organization and structure, leadership, and project management, with clear, precise communication skills. They are sought after for these skills and also their humanistic and multi-cultural approach to project management and problem solving.
2. IMMEDIATE JOB PLACEMENT IN TOP POSITIONS
Our students are often recruited prior to finishing their studies. Some of the top companies which hire our students in France or abroad are: Saint-Gobain, Schneider Electric, Colas, Vinci, Bouygues, Eiffage, EDF, Rabot Dutilleul, Areva, Veolia, Cap Gemini, Thompson and more than 2300 others throughout the world.
3. CLOSE INTERACTION WITH STUDENTS, PROFESSIONAL PROSPECTS
Each of our future engineers is accompanied throughout their personally developed training program. All students are advised on a one-to-one basis, allowing them to successfully complete the engineering program of their design, both in terms of polyvalence and practical specialization. Successful engineers immediately take on management responsibilities within industry, or choose to further develop their skills in graduate school completing Master degree and/or PhD. training. All students, faculty members and post-doctoral staff contribute to an active international research program.
4. RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT: A CORE ACTIVITY
- R&D is organized into 4 areas of expertise on which HEI’s reputation has been built:
- Electrical Power Networks and Intelligent Transport
- Innovative Materials
- Sustainable Health and Chemistry,
- Energies, Building and Environment.
5. COOPERATION WITH THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY
Relationships with industry are in fact our driving force in every aspect of our activities : teaching and class work, various training periods, Eleven Week Projects, many forms of internships, industrial projects, industrial and private sector involvement on-campus and in our curricula as well as through recruitment fairs.
6. WORK PLACEMENT AND INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE
HEI engineers possess strong practical experience; all courses are highly industrial business world oriented. Students must spend three separate periods, during their studies in industry and must also undertake an industrial study/research project within a company or university research laboratory. In addition all students undertake an international experience during their studies within this framework or within the context of an exchange program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 29, 2016