Grande Ecole Master's degree - Major in Corporate Finance
Become a Future Powerhouse of International Corporate Finance
ESSCA offers a two year Master’s which equips students with the fundamental skills for becoming managers in corporate finance.
During first year, the objective of the course is to allow students to gain vital expertise in the fields of Economics and Management throughout semester A. Semester B will be devoted to the Principles of Finance in preparation for specializing in Corporate Finance during the second year.
This program’s main objective in Corporate Finance is to develop students’ advanced managerial competencies in international corporate finance. Taught entirely in English, its faculty is highly qualified and made up both of ESSCA research professors and corporate professionals, directors and CEOs. It intends to offer theoretical and applied knowledge directly applicable to business contexts.
The major is geared toward high-level financial executives destined to carry out the different professions of management control, internal auditing, financial analysis, project financing and any other assignment within large groups’ financial or management control departments.
The program has been designed for students from all over the world who:
- Have obtained a first degree (bachelor’s) and ideally have some professional experience thanks to a first job or in-company internships
- Can provide a GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score with their application information. For further details, please log on: www.gmat.com/gmat/thegmat/
Candidates may also take the SHL Test via ESSCA
- Have a real international outlook, a coherent professional project and open-mindedness to people from different cultural backgrounds
Work and Career Perspectives
The Corporate Finance specialization will help students develop their analytical skills and apply financial tools in real situations.
This two year program will provide a full framework for identifying and solving financial problems and understanding how value creation relates to all aspects of corporate finance.
Graduates of the Master in Corporate Finance are prepared to pursue the following careers:
- Management controller in industrial companies
- Project finance advisor in the international divisions of large companies
- Auditor in the internal audit department of groups
- Financial analyst in companies
SEMESTER A (Sept-Dec) BUDAPEST - 30 ECTS
- Economic Intelligence
- International Monetary Governance
- Starting New Ventures Electives
- Product / Process Management
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Crisis Management
- Doing Business in the CEE
- Geopolitics in Central and Eastern Europe
- French Language
- Hungarian Language
SEMESTER B (Jan-May) PARIS - 36 ECTS
- Leadership and Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Institutions
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Financial Information Systems
- Financial Markets
- French Language
SEMESTER C (Sept-Dec) ANGERS - 30 ECTS
- Management Control and Reporting
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Internal Auditing and Risk Management
- Project Financial Management
SEMESTER D (Jan-June) Applied Research Semester 30 ECTS
During this semester, students complete:
- A six-month in-company internship
- A master’s thesis based on a concrete topic of Marketing in coherence with the student’s professional project and including significant empirical work. The thesis is written under regular supervision of a faculty member.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 18, 2016